OFFER: Financial Controller Position in well-stablished boutique law firm in Nueva Andalucia area
About the position: The appropriate candidate has 7+ years of experience in administrative, accounting, and financial operations of the company for a major company or division of a large corporation. Candidate will handle day-to-day accounting transactions, and managing the accounts of different providers in a number of European jurisdictions. The candidate must have a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations in Ireland, the United Kingdom or an English speaking jurisdiction. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance. Candidate must be native English speaker or extremely fluent, Spanish as a second language important but not essential. All other languages a plus.
About the right candidate: The right candidate will have outstanding organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, common sense, communicative, reliable, ability to work on own initiative, be a team player, have a hands on can do approach with the initiative to provide problem solving to daily challenges.
The candidate must have high pc skills, particularly office, excel and power point.
We will particularly value a candidate with a proven ability to maintain confidentiality, who possesses a professional work ethic, is sociable yet discreet and who enjoys being part of a team.
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment. The right candidate will be joining a small team of very qualified professionals and will be supervised by two partners. Travel to client offices in Europe might be necessary.
Salary €2,000 gross per month. Can be reviewed after proven above skills.
No age restrictions.
Own car required.
Principal accountabilities are:
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements, coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
2. Produce annual budget and forecasts, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
3. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
4. Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and European operations
5. Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
6. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
7. Implement operational best practices
8. Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
9. Oversee the issuance of financial information
10. Personally review and approve all financial statements of companies
11. Report financial results to the board of directors
12. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
13. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
14. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
15. Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
16. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
17. Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
18. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
19. Funding, monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
20. Participate in conference calls with advisors
21. Maintain banking relationships
If you do not meet the necessary requirements, please abstain from applying. Non qualifying candidate profiles will not be reviewed.
There will be two personal interviews and will require proof of two prior employments in similar positions. This will include contacting prior employers to confirm credentials.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to email your CV.