Move to Spain or Portugal before it is too late!
by Marbella Family Fun
Move to Spain
Move to the sun in Spain or Portugal before it is too late!
- Brexit transition period gives final chance to retire to the EU with the guaranteed right to remain.
- Covid-19 has delayed plans for many people who wanted to retire to Europe.
- Expat Network planning events to help people to make the move in time to beat the Brexit deadline covering all the issues and not just property.
- Online webinars Move to Spain and Move to Portugal Virtual Roadshows) to help those planning to live or retire in Spain or Portugal to beat the deadline.
- Physical events in Spain (Marbella and Alicante) and Portugal (Algarve) in September to help people achieve the move in time.
The Covid-19 lockdown has set many people to thinking about following through on their plans to move abroad and the joys and benefits of living in a warm climate? The combination of Brexit and Covid-19 has led some to think it is too late to make the move to secure the right to long term residence that has been available while the UK has been a member of the EU. Expat Network will be holding free online webinars in July to explain how people can make the move before the end of the year and this will be followed by events in Spain and Portugal to help them to make the move.
The Brexit Transition Period lasts until 31st December 2020 and Boris Johnson has made it clear that there will be no extension. Under the agreement if you can become legally resident before the end of the year you can still secure those benefits to live or retire in Europe and avoid what are likely to be more onerous requirements once the UK is no longer in the EU.
Spain and Portugal with an average of around 300 days of sunshine a year are popular destinations for Brits looking for a new lifestyle. Expat Network aims to help people who want to make the move to do so before the end of the year with online Virtual Roadshows in July followed by physical events in Spain and Portugal in September by which time it should be possible to travel more easily, although the events will be designed to ensure that they take full account of Covid-19 risks with appropriate social distancing.
Speakers for the Virtual Roadshows include:
- Nigel Ayres, CEO, Expat Network
- Brett Hanson, Senior Partner, Blevins Franks Spain (covering tax, pensions and financial planning)
- Gavin Scott, Senior Partner, Blevins Franks Portugal (covering tax, pensions and financial planning)
- Tom Arnold, Commercial Director, Currency Index (covering managing foreign exchange risks)
- Alex Radford, Partner, My Lawyer in Spain (covering residence, property buying process and other legal issues)
- Nigel Salmon, MD and Founder, Girasol Homes (covering property in Southern Costa Blanca, Murcia, Grenada and Mallorca)
- Joanne Alderton, Managing Partner, Aldertons (covering property in Northern Costa Blanca)
- Jason Wild, Partner, The Marbella Connection (covering property in the Costa del Sol)
- Luis da Silva, Founder and Director, Portugal Senior Living (covering property in Portugal)
- Carrie-Ann Harrison, Health Insurance Specialist, Ibex Insurance Spain (covering healthcare in Spain and other insurance options)
- Lena Gouveia, Health Insurance Specialist, Ibex Insurance Portugal(covering healthcare in Portugal and other insurance options)
The seminars in Spain and Portugal will comply with the rules in place at the time. Events in Spain are currently limited to 80 people and to 20 people in Portugal, but it is likely that this will have been relaxed further by September. Although it is now possible to travel in the same vehicle in Spain and Portugal provided a face mask is worn, the property tours will involve the guides and attendees traveling separately.
People can register to attend our free online events to understand the requirements and get a simple step-by-step guide on how to make the move:
- Move To Spain Virtual Roadshow on 28th July at 10am - Register here
- Move To Portugal Virtual Roadshow on 4th August at 10am - Register here
We will then support anyone ready to take the next step with events in Spain and Portugal in September. We will be holding Move To Spain Roadshows in Alicante and Marbella and a Move To Portugal Roadshow in the Algarve so they can get to see the best areas to settle, understand and arrange the formalities and practicalities and find their dream home to rent or buy. The events will be arranged with appropriate social distancing
People can register their interest without obligation now and we will provide more information as soon as they are available.
- Move To Spain Roadshows (Marbella and Alicante) – Register your interest here
- Move To Portugal Roadshow (Algarve) – Register your interest here
Further details of the events can be found here: https://www.expatnetwork.com/move-to-spain-virtual-roadshow/ https://www.expatnetwork.com/move-to-portugal-virtual-roadshow/
For media enquiries, press pass and interview requests:
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1865 600706
Expat Network has become the leading UK-based organisation for people seeking to live or work overseas.
When Expat Network was established in 1989 it initially helped its consumers apply for jobs abroad and arranging their move. More recently however, Expat Network has broadened its content and supports people looking to retire abroad as well. www.expatnetwork.com