If you live, work or frequently visit Marbella, you may have experienced the outlandish fees that banks charge you when you transfer funds from abroad. The fees are hidden so you oftentimes don't even realise how much you're being charged until after you've completed the transfer.
TransferWise is the clever new way to beat bank fees. Banks charge huge hidden fees when you send money abroad. With TransferWise you save up to 90%. Problem solved, money saved.
In the past, transferring money was very expensive. Now there is new safe, secure and affordable way to transfer money.
The people who invented Skype and Pay Pal have teamed up to create a new bank transfer system to keep you money in your pocket...not the bank's. TransferWise helps people who make money in one country but spend it in another, save money.
Anyone who lives, works, studies or does business abroad will benefit from the savings TransferWise offers.
TransferWise.com is licensed as a foreign exchange and money remittance company by the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and is backed by Sir Richard Branson.
I'm delighted to be investing in such an innovative company as TransferWise. Financial services such as foreign exchange have been ripe for disruption for decades and it's great to see TransferWise bring transparency to the market. It's encouraging to see entrepreneurs using technology to reinvent the old-fashioned FX industry and make a real difference in the market. I see tremendous opportunity for startups like Transferwise to offer breakthrough financial services and products.
- Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
1. Get started Enter how much you're transferring and where to. You can send to your own account abroad or another person or business.
2. Upload money Pay TransferWise in your local currency. Use your debit card, just like shopping online, or make a normal bank transfer.
3. Conversion TransferWise converts your money at the mid-market rate and matches you with people sending in the other direction. That's why it costs so little!
4. Money Sent The converted money is sent to the target bank account. Everyone gets notified by email, so you always know where the money is.
TransferWise supports currency transfers between Euro, British Pound, Swiss Franc, Polish Zloty, Turkish Lira, Romania Leu, Bulgarian Lev, Georgian Lari, Hungarian Forint, Danish, Swedish, Czech and Norwegian Krone. It also supports transfers from these currencies to Indian Rupee, US, Australian, Singapore, Hong Kong, and New Zealand Dollar. Transfers from these currencies to all other supported currencies and many other routes are coming soon.
Banks charge an extra 5% when international students pay their tuition fees. With TransferWise for students that cost is 0%!!