Marbella Family Fun is essentially an educational project and encouraging Marbella charity activities is an important dimension we wish to bring to this website.
Marbella is all about sun, fun and good times. However the area is not perfect and suffers from many typical woes of today's society. This Marbella charity page offers a window to charitable initiatives and associations to raise their profile and hopefully gather more support. Listed are fundraising campaigns that Marbella Family directly or indirectly assists, or that are considered worthy of your attention. Please join us in spreading their message and help if you can.
* Marbella Family Fun supports Nourish The Children. Our objective is to fund 1,000,000 daily nutritional meals before November 1st, 2013, to help feed 2,740 children for a year. If you found our services to be useful and would like to donate a bag of Vitameal through Nourish The Children to our charitable initiative A Million Meals, please follow the directions here.
* Cudeca is a non-governmental and non-profit cancer care hospice offering specialized palliative care to patients suffering from terminal cancer and support to their family during the illness and in the bereavement process. They have a Cudeca shop in Marbella where you can donate your used, but in condition clothing.
Did you join us in raising money for Cudeca? Marbella Family Fun created a special post about Cudeca on our Facebook page on the day of the telethon and pledged one euro (up to 1,000 euro) for every "Like" we receive on that post.
Talk Radio Europe held a one day radio telethon auction in aid of CUDECA on December 2, 2011. Listeners were able to tune into TRE on 91.9fm and call the studio on 902-444-461 For Bids on items NOT ON AIR, or make a DONATION or DEDICATION, by calling TRE Reception on 952-799-953 or visiting the TRE Auction website to make a bid or a donation anytime.
* Bjorn Heidenstrom, a Norwegian ex-football player, cycled from Norway to South Africa to raise awareness for the plight of refugees.
* The Foundation of Friends, a local charity on the Costa del Sol serving to extend a friendly helping hand to children in need.
* Caravan to Class is a non-profit organization that brings educational opportunity to villages in West Africa. Their goals are to renovate the dilapataded school building, hire qualified teachers, build a canteen, pay for school lunches and repair the school well.
Our daughter raised 680 euro and awareness about Caravan to Class with her friends during a bake sale at Laude International School San Pedro! Thank you Laude for the support and good job to the kids who made a difference in the lives of children. Read more about their efforts and take part in the Global Giving Challenge from November 32 - December 31, 2011.
* P.A.D. Animal Shelter The Kennels and Cattery PAD (Proteccion de Animales Domesticos - Protection of Domestic Animals) was founded in 1996 with the objective of sheltering and then finding new homes for abandoned dogs and cats.
* Do not forget Madeleine McCann!
* We support Wikipedia, the world's largest collaborative encyclopedia. It's online, free to use, and free of advertising.
* Read about Marbella's oldest woman who planted a tree for the enironmental charity Arboretum Marbella. Find out how you can help Marbella get more "green".
If you are involved in a Marbella benfactory venture that you feel should be included in this page, please do not hesitate sending us some information using this form.